6U VXS backplanes: 8 (8 = 6 VXS, 1 switch, 1 VME64x slot)
Slot pitch 4 HP (20.32mm)
Automatic Daisy Chain with OR gates(electronic), active or passive termination
Optimized for best HF behavior. Outer layers designed as shielding areas
Live insertion signals (LI-IN: LI-OUT) are available via 2-pin feed-through connectors
PCB material FR-408 or NE4000-13), UL recognized 94-VO, 5mm (.20”) thickness
Conforms to ANSI/VITA 41.0
- Board design based on the HIGH-SPEED DESIGN concept. Low reflection is achieved by means of uniform signal surge impedance
- Shielding of each individual signal line assures minimal coupling, even when expanded to the 64-bit mode with the 2e protocol (160 Mbytes/s)
- Active and passive termination versions are available. Active termination offers reduced closed-circuit consumption, Passive termination offers better frequency response and wider temperature range
- Backplanes come with Electronic Automatic Daisy Chaining with a patented bi-directional procedure
- Solid electrically conductive chassis GND surface in the backplane to card rack area for EMC-tight mounting. HF coupling of card rack and system ground is implemented by capacitors (10nF, 200V in each slot). A combination M6 screw/Faston 6.3 x .8mm is provided for chassis ground connection
- Main operating voltage is supplied via terminal bars and M4 screws for the cables. V1/V2 is available with M4 screw terminals. They can be linked together with terminal bars.
- The auxillary operating voltages are supplied via M3 screw terminals. The arrangement of terminal bars ensures an optimal power supply of the modules.
Connectors are available for serial communication with 4 power supplies (PS-a-PS-4) and a DSP. AUX_PWR is set to 5V or 5V SRDBY with a 3-pin feed-through connector.
These 2 connectors for system management IPMB and SMB. IPMB_PWR and SMB_PWR is settable to 5V or 5V STDBY with 3-pin feed-through connectors
- The special signals to the power supply unit are brought out to a separate connector on the backplane. Besides the lines for Voltage Monitoring 8 external connectors for temperature sensors are feed-through to the 40-pin connector.
All lines for voltage monitoring are connected with Line Filters. A double-row 40-pin connector with a contact spacing of 2.54 is used.
Order Numbers: 8 Slot
|Order No.||Product Description|
|B18106132I||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, InfiniBand, active termination|
|B18106142I||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, InfiniBand, active termination, with rear I/O on VXS J0|
|B18106132R||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, Serial RapidI/O, active termination|
|B18106142R||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, Serial RapidI/O, active termination|
|B18106142R||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, Serial RapidI/O, active termination, with rear I/O on VXS J0|
|B18106133I||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, InfiniBand, passive termination, 3.3V|
|B18106143I||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, InfiniBand, passive termination, 3.3V, with rear I/O on VXS J0|
|B18106123R||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, Serial RapidIO, passive termination, 3.3V|
|B18106143R||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, Serial RapidIO, passive termination, 3.3V, with rear I/O on VXS J0|
|B18106135I||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, InfiniBand, passive termination, 5V|
|B18106145I||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, Infiniband, passive termination, 5V, with rear I/O on VXS J0|
|B18106135R||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x,Serial RapidI/O, passive termination, 5V|
|B18106145R||6 VXS + 1 switch + 1 VME64x, Serial RapidI/O, passive termination, 5V, with rear I/O on VXS P0|
Hartmann Electronic has been designing custom analog, digital, and mixed signal high-speed boards for over 35 years, with over 5,000 custom designs to date. Using state of the art design tools and fully automated production equipment, we provide custom solutions that fulfill the most exacting requirements with maximum packaging density.
Learn about our custom backplane capabilities