3U VME backplane with J2 connector: 2 to 21 slots
Slot pitch 4 HP (20.32mm)
Active or passive termination
Optimized for best HF behavior. Outer layers designed as shielding areas
PCB material FR-4, UL recognized 94-VO
Conforms to ANSI/VITA 1.1-1997
- The VME expansion bus J2 serves three purposes:
- 1) The extension from 24-bit to 32-bit addresses and from the 16-bit to the 32-bit data format is implemented via the connections in row B of the connector
- 2) Rows A and C make 64 pins available to the user. These can be used for I/O applications or, for example, to hold the VSB bus
- 3) Three VCC and four GND pins increase the max. current consumption of 3A (4.5A) to 6A (9A) per board with the operating voltage of +5V (values in () at tu = 25 degree C).
- Board design based on the HIGH-SPEED DESIGN concept. Low reflection is achieved by means of uniform signal surge impedance
- Equipped with socket connectors according to DIN 41612 style C, 96 pins, with gold-plated feed-through posts. The feed-through posts of all slots are equipped with shrouds on the wiring side
- Shielding of each individual signal line assures minimal coupling, even when expanded to the 64-bit mode with the 2e protocol (160 Mbytes/s)
- Backplanes come with active or passive-IN-ON-BOARD termination. Active and passive termination versions are available
- Active termination offers reduced closed-circuit consumption, Passive termination offers better frequency response and wider temperature range
- Backplanes come with Electronic Automatic Daisy Chaining (OR gates are integrated into the backplane) or via mechanical connectors
- Electrically, the corresponding wiring is located at the end of the bus lines. Mechanically, it is situated between the outermost slots in a space-saving design.
- Solid electrically conductive chassis GND surface in the backplane to card rack area for EMC-tight mounting. HF coupling of card rack and system ground is implemented by capacitors (10nF, 200V in each slot).
A combination M6 screw/Faston 6.3 x .8mm is provided for chassis ground connection
- The +5V/GND operating voltage is sipplied via 6.3 x .8mm Faston quick-connect terminals combined with M4 screws.
Faston connectors are located in the upper area of the J2 backplane so that the J1/J2 busses can be supplied via the same cable harness. The Faston connectors in the center of the backplane can be used either as power or as sense connections
- The terminating resistors for the termination (330/470 ohm) on both ends are integrated into the backplane
- For specific part numbers, download the Catalog sheet
|Description||Passive Termination||Active Termination|
|In-On-board Passive termination (THT)||J2||B.304_ _C7A|
|In-On-board Active termination (SMD)||J2||B.314_ _A7A|
|In-On-board Passive termination (SMD)||J2||B.304_ _P7A|
|On-board Active termination (SMD)||J2||B.314_ _A7D|
|On-board Passive termination (SMD)||J2||B.304_ _P7D|
_ _ : No. of slots (1 Slot = 4 HP = 20.32 mm)
Hartmann Electronic has been designing custom analog, digital, and mixed signal high-speed boards for over 35 years, with over 5,000 custom designs to date. Using state of the art design tools and fully automated production equipment, we provide custom solutions that fulfill the most exacting requirements with maximum packaging density.
Learn about our custom backplane capabilities